On Dec. 3, 2014, we’re teaming up with FRESH Farm Aquaponics to host a free Introduction to Aquaponics Workshop at our office in Stamford, Conn. The workshop will be led by Spencer Curry and Kieran Foran of FRESH Farm Aquaponics, a small organic farm in South Glastonbury, Conn., specializing in aquaponically grown produce.
This two-hour master class will explore how you can grow food organically, year-round, through a variety of highly productive aquaponic growing mediums. Specifically, the course will address:
- What is aquaponics?
- How plants and fish create highly productive growing ecosystems
- System types and how to pick the right system for your needs
- Plant choice (You can grow just about anything, with a focus on local greens and herbs)
- How to care for your fish
- Understanding your water chemistry (It’s easier than you think!)
- How to get started in aquaponics
You’ll leave the class with all of the knowledge that you will need to get started with a basic aquaponics system, but for those interested in more serious applications, FRESH Farm Aquaponics will also be offering a course called Aquaponics Abundance (workshop attendees will receive a coupon for 10% off the registration fee).
This is a free course, but space is limited. To attend, please RSVP here.
Your support makes workshops like this possible. Donate now to support our work.